Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some encouragement

Sometimes (most times it seems like) things happen that tend to bring you (generic "you", not specific; as this is mainly directed at me) down; Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Anyway, here's a list of verses I've compiled (with the first having obvious contextual significance to me) to help me out and I thought I'd share them. Most of them are pretty commonly used but, maybe there's something here you haven't seen in awhile... Here goes:


1st Samuel 30:6 And David was greatly distressed... but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

Joshua 1:9 "Haven't I commanded you? Be strong and courageous; don't be afraid or dismayed: for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid; for I am with you: don't be dismayed; I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will hold you up with the right hand of my righteousness."

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield to them that trust in him."

1st Peter 5:7 "Give all your cares, your worries to him, he cares for you."

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are call according to his purpose."

Jeremiah 29:11"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a planned future."

1st Corinthians 15:58 "My brothers, be rooted, unmovable,  always working for the Lord, and know that your work is not wasted in the Lord."

Hebrews 11:1,6 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God, must believe that he is, and that he rewards those who really search for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment