Thursday, April 29, 2010

When God fights, he wins.

"I posted this almost a year ago on facebook, and decided to post it here, because I felt like posting something and am not very creative..."

Sounds simple, and I'm sure you've heard that before as I know I have at some point (and probably in those exact words.) Friday, I had a breakthrough in something kind of big, I got my passport. I'd had issues (which I'm not interested in discussing) in getting it and it was a huge blessing when it arrived, since I had only sent off the initial documentation and not had to go through any rigamarole to aquire it as I had previously.

Which is a big deal for me because, normally, when things don't work out like they should the first time, even though I've done everything I can think of, I get depressed and lose all motivation to work on them further. However this time it worked.

What was different? As best as I could and knew how, I sought God's will for it everyday. I let it be His fight if He was willing and not mine. He won.

Tonight, as I sit wide awake with insomnia, I realized that He will win any battle He fights. Internally or externally, it doesn't matter.

Depression, self-doubt, jealousy, apathy, laziness, lust, selfishness, (though I guess all of these are selfishness...) distraction, lack of direction, complaining.

Lack of time, work, (or lack there of...) family, friends, people in our daily/weekly lives.

And that's just my list, I'm sure you have your own as well. All of these can be fights of their own in one way or another and you know them so well because you've fought them for so long.

But we haven't won. But God wins fights.

The problem is, we ask God to help US win. But we still try to fight the same way we're used to. Why shouldn't we? We're so familiar with the fight. After all, we've been fighting it all this time, we know how it goes...

But what needs to happen is for us to let God fight, 'cause He wins. We need to step aside and give the battle to Him.

Let Him fight it however He wants, 'cause He will win.

Let Him take His time, and use His method, 'cause He will win.

I know this is harder than it sounds, and I'm kind of scared at the moment as to where I next have to step aside to let Him fight, as that tends to leave me feeling kind of helpless, but at the same time, I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of not winning.

But I also know, that I can't win. I've tried.

But God can! If I let Him fight, He will.

I need His peace, to let go. To let Him take control. To let Him fight. To let Him win.

When God fights, He wins.

Seriously, try it sometime.

God, for the win!

I might get that on a T-shirt... Or a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment